Thursday, April 25, 2013

Color Pairing: Neon + Neutrals


The neon trend has been around for a couple of years now and at first I was not a fan. Not only did I find it hard to style, I thought the bright colors just stood out like a sore thumb and were cheesy. However, after browsing through tumblr and spotting all the neon pieces on street style, I am now, truly a fan. I think the trend is fun to style and high end designers found a way to make them look so luxurious. 


My favorite way to wear the trend is by pairing it with neutrals.


APPROACHES:

1. SUBTLE: Wear a bright lipstick on your lips or nails can be just as much of a statement
2. TRENDY: Bring life to a monochromatic look by completing it with neon accessories
3. STATEMENT: take a bold approach and make neon the focus point of your outfit. Color-block two neon colors for an even more daring look. Tone it down with neutral accessories.


I hope this post gave you some ideas or inspiration.

Until next time,

<3 Mel








No comments:

Post a Comment